Muhammadiyah is a religious, charitable, social, cultural, educational, and not-for-profit organization.
It provides information and educates the public concerning Islam and Muslim societies in the United States. It undertakes religious, social, cultural, educational, and scientific programs and activities. It also facilitates the coordination and exchange of ideas and experiences between Muslims in the United States and peoples in Indonesia and around the world and between Muslims and non-Muslims in the nation and around the world.
The meeting (mushawarah) of Muhammadiyah USA is held every year towards the end of the year. The meeting is called “the Annual Convention of Muhammadiyah USA”. In 2020, due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the Annual Convention will be conducted virtually.
The purposes of the convention:
This convention is intended as:
- A forum to strengthen relationship among the members of Muhammadiyah and Indonesian Muslim diaspora in general.
- A forum to deepen participants’ understanding of Islam and its efficacy to face challenges in the contemporary era.
- A forum to introduce and socialize Muhammadiyah and its sister organization, Aisyiyyah, among Indonesian Muslim diaspora
- A forum to discuss contributions and constructive roles of Muhammadiyah and its members to the American society.
“Moving Forward with Knowledge and Commitment to Action”
Time and place:
This event will be held online on November 28, 2020/Rabi al-Tsani 12,1442.
- This convention is open to the public.
- Participants who want to join the Convention are encouraged to register via the Muhammadiyah America’s website: https://convention.muhammadiyah.us.
- Those who register via the website will get a certificate.
- This event is free. However, the committee encourages participants to make donations to support the event.
This event also invites representatives of Muhammadiyah international branches all over the world and various Indonesian Muslim organizations in the US.